LOVE THE UNLOVABLE.

Love the unlovable.

           There was a man who saw a scorpion drowning in a pool of water. He hurried to pull the scorpion out. As the man laid the scorpion on the ground, the scorpion stung him and walked away. But it fell again in the pool of water. The man rescued the scorpion but its stung him a second time. Another person saw what happened and asked the man why he bothered to save the scorpion twice. The man answered,  " I can 't help it. Its the scorpion nature to sting. But it's my nature to save."
             I have encountered "scorpions " in my life. A friend whom I thought was receptive to my advice calls me " pakialamera"(meddler). Another time, a colleague resented my promotion and sabotaged my work relationship with my boss. The negative labels and unkindness undermined my confidence,  eroded my self esteem,  and slowly killed the lively person I was.
             Like the man in the story, I couldn't help myself.  I forgave my friend even though she didn't apologize. I took my colleague to lunch and talked thing out with her- and we've reconciled.  If it were up to me, I rather thrown away the broken relationship. Instead,  I salvaged what I could because it was up to God.  His grace compelled me to love the unlovable. I had no other choices.

Reflection:  But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..."(Matthew 5:44)

Father, gave me the grace to love those who are difficult to love.


Bible reflection for Catholics
Story copy from the book of DIDACHE 2015

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prayer about the FUTURE.

LESS IS MORE

Five ways of filling your heart with Self-Love By Bo Sanchez