A PRAYER FOR FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD.

A prayer for FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD How can I be a friend with God?

My reading prayer today,

God,
     Because of my faith in you,                
     you call me friend.
     All the qualities I look for
     in a Friendship - honesty,
     loyalty,  and availability
      you possess perfectly.
     Do I possess the same
     qualities that I desire in a friend?
     I can be honest with you about
     my struggles and successess
    when I come to you in prayer.
     I can be loyal to you and
    your commands in the Bible.
    I can make myself available
    to walk through life with you.
    I look for these three qualities
    in my friends because I fear
    seperation from them.
    I fear seperation from you
    so much more, so I am
    thankful for you constant
    presence with me,
    because you are my friend
    I will respect you, confide in you,
    and remain loyal to you.

      The LORD is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant.                                                                                       PSALM 25:14



 


From the book of 365 pocket prayer Tyndale House Publisher.2010




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prayer about the FUTURE.

LESS IS MORE

Five ways of filling your heart with Self-Love By Bo Sanchez